Ben's raspberry soufflé
13th May 20
13th May 20
“This pretty-in-pink soufflé uses the summery flavour of fresh raspberries and creates a beautifully light sweet treat. A little tip – a good soufflé should have crisp ‘love handles’ over the edge of the ramekin. Enjoy!” – Exec Head Chef, Ben Johnson.
1. Brush ramekins with soft butter in vertical strokes upwards (this helps the batter rise up the sides of the ramekin during baking), then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Repeat this once more and chill again for 30 minutes, then dust with sugar and set aside.
2. Place 100g of raspberry purée and 50g caster sugar into a sauce pan and simmer.
3. Combine the corn flour with 1tsp of water and add to the purée. Cook for 5 minutes until it thickens to a jam-like consistency and leave to chill.
4. Separate the egg whites and place into a bowl at room temperature. (Tip – Since perfectly airy whites are the heart of a successful soufflé, make sure not to add the sugar too early – it will weigh down the whites. Wait until you are ⅔ into whipping before adding the sugar). Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then add the 50g caster sugar and continue to whisk paying close attention to the changing texture of the whites as they gain shine and stiffness.
5. Carefully fold a 3rd of the egg whites into the purée mixture and repeat until it’s all mixed together.
6. Place the mixture into the 4 ramekins and tap down to release any air pockets. Cook at 180c for 6-7 minutes or until they have risen above the rim by half.
If you have any baking questions or need any help with recipes, please contact Ben @burleymanor on Instagram.
|Gold 0+ points||Platinum 2,500+ points||Black 10,000+ points|
|Exclusive members only offers|
|Complimentary upgrade at check-in (when booked direct)|
|10% off cycle hire with Forest Leisure Cycling|
|15% off hotel bar drinks from 4pm-7pm|
|Up to 50% off Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway tickets|
|Up to 30% off Beaulieu National Motor Museum tickets|
|Up to 25% off Buckler’s Hard tickets|
|Up to 33% off New Forest Wildlife Park tickets|
|Up to 25% off Marwell Zoo tickets|
|10% off lunch bill at Burley Manor and The Drift Inn (Monday - Saturday)|
|Birthday treat - complimentary fizz when you dine and room upgrade (in month of birthday and when booked direct)|
|Choice of complimentary morning newspaper|
|Early check-in and late check-out privileges|
|10% off accommodation (when booked direct)|
|1015% off Temple Spa treatments||10%||15%|
|1015% off food||10%||15%|
|15% off drink||15%|
|10% off conference & events|
*All benefits are subject to availability and terms & conditions, attraction tickets must be purchased direct with us to receive discounts