Ben's lamb tagine
7th Apr 20
7th Apr 20
“This authentic lamb recipe will take you to slow-cooked perfection in five simple steps and it’s something a little different to share with family this Easter.” – Exec Head Chef, Ben Johnson
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil in a casserole dish and brown the lamb on all sides.
3. Take lamb out and place on a plate, then add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the spices and tomatoes, and season.
4. Add lamb back in with the chickpeas, apricots, sultanas and rosemary. Pour over the stock, stir and bring to a simmer. Cover the dish and place in the oven for 2-3 hours. May take longer all depending on the lamb, cook the lamb until tender.
5. Season to taste. Serve with the garnish sprinkled over the top. You can also serve with rice or cous cous. I personally like a big spoon of natural yogurt on the side and fresh chopped mint.
If you have any cooking questions or need any help with recipes, please contact Ben @burleymanor on Instagram.
|Gold 0+ points||Platinum 2,500+ points||Black 10,000+ points|
|Exclusive members only offers|
|Complimentary upgrade at check-in (when booked direct)|
|10% off cycle hire with Forest Leisure Cycling|
|15% off hotel bar drinks from 4pm-7pm|
|Up to 50% off Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway tickets|
|Up to 30% off Beaulieu National Motor Museum tickets|
|Up to 25% off Buckler’s Hard tickets|
|Up to 33% off New Forest Wildlife Park tickets|
|Up to 25% off Marwell Zoo tickets|
|10% off lunch bill at Burley Manor and The Drift Inn (Monday - Saturday)|
|Birthday treat - complimentary fizz when you dine and room upgrade (in month of birthday and when booked direct)|
|Choice of complimentary morning newspaper|
|Early check-in and late check-out privileges|
|10% off accommodation (when booked direct)|
|1015% off Temple Spa treatments||10%||15%|
|1015% off food||10%||15%|
|15% off drink||15%|
|10% off conference & events|
*All benefits are subject to availability and terms & conditions, attraction tickets must be purchased direct with us to receive discounts