Ben's focaccia bread
2nd Apr 20
2nd Apr 20
“I’ve been busy cooking-up some simple, tasty dishes in my own kitchen and would love to share my favourite recipes and cooking tips for you to try; bringing a taste of Burley Manor to you at home. This focaccia recipe is easy to make and easy to adapt with whatever herbs you have in the house or garden.” – Ben Johnson, Exec Head Chef
1. Mix all the dried ingredients into a mixing bowl, in another mixing bowl dissolve the yeast into the water and add 1/3 olive oil. Add the dry mix to the yeasty water and mix together with a wooden spoon until you get a fairly sticky dough. In the empty dry mix bowl add the rest of the olive oil, fold out the dough on top and cover to rest for an hour in a warm place. After an hour fold over a couple of times in the bowl and rest for another hour again. Repeat these 2 more times.
2. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven 240c fan/gas9 and place an empty roasting tray at the bottom of the oven.
3. When dough is proved turn out into your large lined baking tray and rest for 10 minutes (there will be oil that’s not mixed in, don’t worry about this). Using your fingertips push down and rest again for another 10 minutes.
4. To top your focaccia, the world is your oyster! The classic way is with a sprinkle of sea salt, making finger indentations for sprigs of rosemary and a drizzle of olive oil. My personal favourite is roasted garlic, crispy onions and chilli with a sprinkle of fresh lemon thyme.
5. When topped with your choice of topping, place a cup of cold water in the empty oven tray and bake for 15-20 mins. To check if the focaccia is baked through tip it upside down and tap the bottom – it should sound hollow. If it’s not quite ready, return to the oven and bake for a couple more minutes. If ready set on a wire rack to cool.
If you have any cooking questions or need any help with recipes, please contact Ben @burleymanor on Instagram.
|Gold 0+ points||Platinum 2,500+ points||Black 10,000+ points|
|Exclusive members only offers|
|Complimentary upgrade at check-in (when booked direct)|
|10% off cycle hire with Forest Leisure Cycling|
|15% off hotel bar drinks from 4pm-7pm|
|Up to 50% off Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway tickets|
|Up to 30% off Beaulieu National Motor Museum tickets|
|Up to 25% off Buckler’s Hard tickets|
|Up to 33% off New Forest Wildlife Park tickets|
|Up to 25% off Marwell Zoo tickets|
|10% off lunch bill at Burley Manor and The Drift Inn (Monday - Saturday)|
|Birthday treat - complimentary fizz when you dine and room upgrade (in month of birthday and when booked direct)|
|Choice of complimentary morning newspaper|
|Early check-in and late check-out privileges|
|10% off accommodation (when booked direct)|
|1015% off Temple Spa treatments||10%||15%|
|1015% off food||10%||15%|
|15% off drink||15%|
|10% off conference & events|
*All benefits are subject to availability and terms & conditions, attraction tickets must be purchased direct with us to receive discounts